Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The walls have ears…

It may sound a bit funny translated in English but you all know the expression. Why translate? And why write in English?

First of all, I dislike writing in English. I don’t have to prove anything by writing in any other language; I don’t expect to have an international crowd of readers! So, this is a rare exception. Why? Read the following mail that I received tonight and you’ll understand my motivation:

hi there,

i would write to you in greek, but it wasn't offered as a second language at my school ;-) i am writing to thank you for writing such lovely things about us at your blog -- it is a thrill to know that we have a fan in Greece! since the translation i got from Babelfish was rather messy, it would be wonderful if you could email us an english translation of your post and the comments you received. in any case, thank you for appreciating our music.

best wishes,
kristin
bedroom walls

OK, so far I have discovered praises for the tracks that I’m posting here from other countries. Now… the actual band thanking me for doing so?

Some of you may remember downloading their track “Winter, That's All” (Music for a better living #15) last month. This explains everything? Not quite, cause I have no idea how they found me.

Duh!

I’m speechless. Bedroom Walls, you already got my reply in your mailbox. This is just another way to say thank you. Keep writing… music for a better living.

For more info on Bedroom Walls try this link.

7 Comments:

Blogger evee said...

vre bravo!

ta koula tou internet :D

poli efxaristo gegonos

(apologiez 4 the greeklish)

1:53 AM  
Blogger Chili said...

Συγχαρητήρια, άντε και εις ανώτερα... Btw, o τίτλος που έβαλες στο post είναι από τους καλύτερούς σου!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Laughing Sheep88 said...

...εμένα η μαλάκω η mlv δεν μου έστειλε ούτε ένα σουβλάκι που την προώθησα έτσι...

8:42 PM  
Blogger vague tourist said...

Μα, βρε πρόβατο, «Δώσε» λέει η κοπέλα, όχι... πάρε! ;-)

10:42 PM  
Blogger noheathen said...

τουρίστα όταν σου στείλουν mail οι Ukrainians θέλω ειδική μνεία, έτσι; :P

3:35 PM  
Blogger vague tourist said...

Μέχρι που θα βγουν οι μπαλαλάϊκες στο Σύνταγμα, σου λέω!

Αυτό που με φοβίζει είναι μη μου γράψουν στα Ουκρανικά...

10:45 AM  
Blogger noheathen said...

σ'αυτή την περίπτωση, θα αναστενάξει το Babelfish!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home